How do you do indoor camping?
As a parent, sometimes you just need a little help coming up with fun activities to do with your kids.
If you’re looking for something new to try, indoor camping might be the perfect solution! It’s a great way to keep your kids entertained while spending quality time together as a family.
And don’t worry, we’ve got you covered with a list of indoor camping activities that are sure to make your next staycation a hit!
1. Set up a tent in your living room or backyard. This is probably the most essential part of indoor camping! You can use sheets, blankets, chairs, and pillows to create a makeshift fort. Then, get creative with some string lights or flashlights to make it feel like you’re really roughing it in the great outdoors.
2. Make s’mores! This is one of our favorite indoor camping activities because who doesn’t love s’mores? Plus, it’s easy to do since all you need are graham crackers, chocolate, and marshmallows. Just toast the marshmallows over a stovetop burner or in the microwave and you’re good to go!
3. Tell ghost stories. This is another classic camping activity that’s easy to do indoors. Just turn off all the lights and let your imagination run wild! You can even use a flashlight under your chin for extra effect.
4. Have a picnic dinner. Just because you’re indoors doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a nice picnic dinner! Spread out a blanket on the floor and enjoy some of your favorite picnic foods like sandwiches, chips, fruit, and lemonade.
5. Play some camping-themed games. We love playing I Spy and 20 Questions when we’re indoor camping. But there are tons of other great options too, like bug matching, nature scavenger hunts, and story cubes.
6. Paint rocks like ladybugs or bugs. Get outside and look for some rocks then paint them however you want!
7. Have an indoor picnic – set out a blanket on the floor or table and enjoy some of your favorite picnic foods like sandwiches, salads, wraps, chips, etc.
8. Go stargazing – turn off all the lights in your house/apartment/condo unit and look out the windows.
9. Have an at-home campfire – roast marshmallows over candles or flashlights.
How do you make a homemade indoor tent?
You can make a simple indoor tent by using a sheet or blanket draped over a clothesline or dowel rod. For more stability, you can weigh down the corners of the fabric with books or other objects. If you want to get really creative, you can decorate your indoor tent with lights, streamers, and other fun camp accessories.
How do you make a tent with chairs and blankets?
One of the best things about camping is that it doesn’t have to be expensive or complicated. In fact, one of the simplest ways to enjoy indoor camping is by setting up a “tent” made out of chairs and blankets.
To do this, simply arrange a few chairs in a circle and drape a blanket over them to create a makeshift roof. If you’re Camping with young children, you can even use their small chairs and blankets to make a mini tent.
Not only is this an easy and fun way to camp, but it’s also a great way to get kids involved in the experience. So next time you’re looking for an affordable and easy way to camp, don’t forget about the chair and blanket tent!
Is it good for kids to camp indoors?
Camping is a great way for kids to explore the outdoors and get some fresh air. However, camping isn’t always practical, especially for younger children.
That’s where indoor camping comes in! Indoor camping is a fun way to bring the benefits of camping to kids who can’t or don’t want to camp outdoors.
It’s also a great activity for rainy days or cold weather. To set up an indoor campsite, all you need is a tent, some blankets, and some pillows.
Camping indoors is perfect for kids who are afraid of the dark or don’t like sleeping in a sleeping bag.
And best of all, it’s easy to clean up when you’re done! Camping indoors is a great way to enjoy the outdoors without even leaving your house.
We hope you enjoyed our list of indoor camping activities! Camping is such a fun way to spend time together as a family and we hope these ideas will inspire you to give it a try. If you’re looking for more camping activity ideas, be sure to check our other posts for more great ideas!
Any indoor camping ideas to add?
Let us know in the comments below